Headway Suffolk believes that charitable fundraising should be conducted within an ethical framework.
At the end of last year there were many disappointing reports in the national media about the alleged fundraising methods of some of the biggest charities. The national coverage of these issues in the media has damaged confidence in the voluntary sector.
Headway Suffolk works within a set of ethical fundraising principles. These are as follows:
- We do not employ third-party agencies to cold call and pressurise people in their own home!
- We do not employ ‘chuggers’ to accost people as they go about their daily lives.
- We will provide people with all the support they may need should they choose to take on a fundraising challenge for Headway.
- We will never give the ‘hard sell’. If we have to convince people that we’re worth supporting, we’re not doing our jobs!
- We promise not to bombard people with excessive mailshots.
- We believe that people should have complete control over how much information they would like to receive from Headway.
- We respect people’s privacy and will never share or sell their details or personal information to any other agency.
- Every donation we receive helps us to go that one step further to improving life after brain injury!