Click the button below to view our jobs page on Facebook:
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Assistant/Support Worker
Do you have what it takes to make a difference to someone else’s life every day?
At Headway Suffolk we are recruiting for Brain Injury Rehabilitation Assistants (Support Workers) to join our professional team to assist clients with their independence through developing and improving daily living skills at home and in the community. This is a rewarding and motivating role that will allow you to make a positive difference to people’s lives through rehabilitation and support.
As a bespoke service you will have the time you need to give quality care and support to each and every client in line with their person-centred care plan. Experience of working with clients who have suffered a brain injury or who have a progressive neurological condition is preferred but not essential as we can give you the training and support you need to be successful.
We can offer full time or part time hours working a stable shift pattern (4-week rota). We are particularly looking for candidates who can provide either some early mornings, evenings or weekend work.
We have clients throughout Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds and the surrounding areas and clients linked to our hubs across other areas of Suffolk. For these variable location roles, you must hold a full manual driving licence.
- At least one-year experience in care is preferred, however we will consider candidates with personal qualities that match our values (see below) and a positive approach to work.
- A full clean manual driving licence for community roles is required.
- You will have a friendly, respectful and compassionate approach to care, along with the ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- You will possess patience and a sense of humour, willingness to learn and the ability to work flexibly.
- Most importantly you will be reliable and have a genuine desire to help people.
- Level 2-3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential.
What we can offer:
- A rewarding role where you can make a positive difference.
- £9.10 per hour (weekdays) and £9.30 per hour (weekends) – community shifts
- £8.72 per hour – hub shifts
- We provide vehicles for all business travel – no need for you to insure and use your own car and no mileage to reclaim. These are pool cars for work use only (not company cars for personal use)
- Access to a Pension Scheme
- Access to Health at Hand Helpline for all your health concerns
- Training & development opportunities
Headway Suffolk abides by Unison’s Ethical Care Charter.
Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we will close it when we have received sufficient applications therefore don’t wait – apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.10-£9.30 per hour
Safety in relation to Covid-19 is very important to us and we have risk assessments in place and training for all staff. We issue our staff with face masks, aprons, gloves and sanitiser.
To apply or for more information, contact:
Suzy Jackson, HR Manager
Tel: 01473 712225
Care Quality Commission Rating
Our home care and community support service is registered with the Care Quality Commission and we are proud to have achieved a ‘good’ rating in our most recent inspection. Click to read the report. published on 13 September 2018.
Join the Headway team as apprentice and get your career in health and social care started today! Contact us on 01473 712225.
STAFF TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS
Staff Profile Video 4 (Trina): Trina has had progressive roles in 8 years at Headway, and has a bold ambition.
Staff Profile Video 3 (James): James has just completed his first year as an apprentice and, in his words, “loved it”.
Staff Profile Video 2 (Dawn): Dawn has recently been promoted to Deputy Domiciliary Care Manager.
Staff Profile Video 1 (Lisa): Lisa has worked at Headway Suffolk for 10 years.