Organising a Charity Quiz in Aid of Headway Suffolk
Firstly, thank you for considering supporting Headway Suffolk by holding a quiz for us. Every penny you raise will go directly to helping the recovery and rehabilitation of the people of Suffolk with traumatic brain injuries or neurological conditions.
Holding a quiz night is a fantastic way to fundraise. It’s social and fun, all while helping a great cause. Wondering where to start in organising your quiz? Here’s some tips to get you started.
Here’s a few tips to make your night a success
- Most quiz nights have 10-30 teams made up of around 4-5 team members.
- Teams pay an entry fee, either by team or individually.
- You can raise entry fee by offering a light meal or nibbles.
- You could hold a raffle; a local company might be able to donate some prizes.
- Venue – Find a suitable venue. Public houses might let you hold the event free, other locations may charge.
- Host – Find a confident Quiz Master. Someone who is happy to read out the questions, with a few jokes along to way to keep your quiz teams entertained.
- Timing – Depending on who you wish to attend your quiz, think carefully about an event date so you don’t clash with any similar local events.
- Ideas – spend time thinking about how to make the most out of your event. You could entice participants by prizes, which could be donated by local businesses.
- Advertising – Get friends, family and colleagues involved in spreading the word. Contact local radio and newspapers to advertise your fundraising event. Share posters in your local area.
- Food and Drink – is a great way to make extra money at your event. If you are making any food for the event by sure to advertise allergens for more information you can check out the Foods Standard Agency for further advice www.food.gov.uk
- Social Media – Spread the word by setting up a Facebook event page and get everyone share (tag us in your event so we can say thank you and share your event for you) You might be able to share in local social media community pages.
- Poster – Put your poster up around your local area and your workplace.
- Licenses – if you are holding your event in a village hall or somewhere similar and thinking about selling alcohol or having music, check what licenses you need. Your venue can usually advise on this.
On the Night
- Inspire – Inspire your participants to donate by arranging a time during the night to tell your teams why you are raising money and a little bit about the work of Headway Suffolk you can find information about us on our website. headwaysuffolk.org.uk
- Theme – Remember to include a round about the brain to help link back to Headway Suffolk.
After the quiz
- Money – Count, record and send us the money you raise as soon as possible. You can transfer the money to us via our account details below or you can send a cheque to our headquarters or hand your donation to our reception desk (please do not send cash via the post).
- Thank you – After your event it’s a great idea to contact the participants and volunteers after the event to thank them and tell them how much you raised.
Thank you for supporting Headway Suffolk, without your help we couldn’t continue our work. Thanks again from the team and clients at Headway Suffolk.
If you have any questions or need further information, please get in touch [email protected].